As an Incorporated Association Inside/Out Prison Chaplaincy is essentially a body of members; Christ-like people within a recognised church, committed to support the work of IOPC, and eager to continue to raise up other supporters of the Association, so that we can achieve our God-given goals.
Inside/Out Prison Chaplaincy always welcomes new members, to help us further spread the word about the work we do and receive invaluable support in return.
Membership is a way of formally identifying yourself with IOPC. It’s an acknowledgement that you are a supporter and that you want to continue to support IOPC; but more-over that you are prepared to have input and involvement in the Association. And if you choose, it’s also the stepping stone along the pathway of service through IOPC. Membership is necessary if you’d like to become a chaplain, a member of the management committee, or someone who is publicly recognized as a spokesperson of IOPC.
If this sounds like you, then why not consider membership for yourself ? It’s free, and we would love to have your support!
In short, members:
- Give prayerful and practical support to IOPC
- Give monetary support to IOC (Gifts of $2.00 and over are tax deductible)
- Have voting rights at the Annual and General Meetings
- Are eligible for election onto the management committee
- Are eligible for direct involvement with prisoners as a prison chaplain
- Receive the bi-monthly news bulletin The Inside Story to keep them in vital touch
- And may receive the monthly prayer newsletter Insider Praying containing daily prayer points
Members need to:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be in fellowship with a recognised Christian Church
- Support the objectives of IOPC, and subscribe to its Statement of Faith
If you would like to apply for membership please click here.